Thursday, September 13, 2007

Ron Paul Rally at USC



I made it up to L.A. (from San Diego) yesterday along with a few of my Ron Paul meetup friends to attend the rally and proceeding benefit cocktail reception.

The whole afternoon was a blast! Ron's speeches were great and we got the word out to a lot of students on campus. He emphasized the horrendous drug war policies and how our solution for drug addicts is jail, which is equivalent to putting alcoholics in jail. He also talked about ending the war and getting rid of the Federal Reserve altogether.

Later at the cocktail reception, he told the crowd that no matter what happens with this campaign, we ARE getting the freedom message out there and this is by no means a waste of time. I also found out he was on his college swim team which was a thrill since I was also a swimmer in college!

All of us were blown away by the energy this 72-year old man has. I'm half his age and I don't think I could do all that he does!

Meeting Ron Paul was something I won't forget and I also got a Ron Paul-signed copy of the constitution!

No comments: